Terms of Service
These terms apply to every client relationship with Creative Solutions. The use of our writing and editing services is an acceptance of these terms:
- Since the documents we work on often change hands many times after our work on them is complete, we frequently do not see the final pages that go to press. Consequently, we do not assume final sign-off responsibility, and are not financially responsible for any loss—financial or otherwise—resulting from textual errors.
- Although Creative Solutions returns documents in a fully edited form, the changes we make when editing or rewriting documents are suggestions only. It is the client's sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all advice and services rendered.
- In the unlikely event that we have any claims against each other (other than those solely related to payments of our invoices), we both agree to try to resolve the claims privately for a 60-day period. If we are unable to resolve them, they will be arbitrated within 180 days by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service (JAMS) or by an arbitrator both parties agree upon. The arbitrators shall follow substantive California law, including Civil Procedure S1283.05. Awards must state all findings and reasoning in writing. No lost profits or punitive or emotional distress damages may be awarded. The award will be binding, precluding appeals, and may be enforced as a judgment in any court. The arbitrator may award reasonable attorneys' fees to the prevailing party.
- Creative Solution's services provides fact-checking when a specific request has been made for such, and financial terms agreed upon before the work has commenced.
- All estimated editing and writing service turnaround times are assumed to begin when Creative Solutions receives the client's document(s).
- Creative Solutions reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at our discretion.
- The client is responsible for supplying Creative Solutions with a current and accurate name, billing address, phone number, and email address, and has an ongoing obligation to keep this information current.
- The client is responsible for supplying appropriate payment in U.S. funds within 30 days of invoicing for all services performed by Creative Solutions. Past due amounts may bear interest at the rate of up to 1.5 percent per month.
- We are agreeing to a relationship based upon the terms outlined above. If any of them are unenforceable, they will still apply to the fullest extent possible. In the event a term is found to be unenforceable, all other terms will not be adversely affected.
It is of the utmost importance to us that the writing services we perform for you be of the highest quality. Your business is important to us, and we will always strive to earn the confidence your continued partnership has demonstrated.
- We respect the privacy and confidentiality of our clients and their documents. Never, under any circumstances, will material submitted to Creative Solutions for writing, editing, or proofreading services be discussed outside the company, reprinted, sold, or redistributed in any way. The copyright for all documents written, rewritten, edited, proofed, or otherwise worked on by Creative Solutions will remain with the client.
- Any contact information submitted to us will not be sold, rented, or used for any purpose other than professional correspondence between Creative Solutions and the client.
- Any payment information provided by the client will remain confidential and completely inaccessible to any parties outside of Creative Solutions.
- Written privacy and/or nondisclosure agreements are willingly signed and adhered to by principals and agents of Creative Solutions.
- We make every possible effort to maintain client confidentiality. However, due to the vulnerability of the Internet, Creative Solutions cannot guarantee the confidentiality of documents delivered via email.
- The above agreement items also apply to any contractors working on behalf of Creative Solutions to provide writing, proofreading, and editing services.